Do you want to expand your business online? Marketing online can be easy if you learn the basics of internet marketing. Let us break down the what you need to do for successful internet marketing.
First, I always recommend doing all your research before you begin. I cannot even stress the importance of researching your the market you are going to sell in. So many individuals that I help start their businesses going into internet businesses with a blindfold over their eyes. When you do this, you are just digging a hole for yourself. One that you do not need.
You need to plan your strategy. Begin by looking at other top businesses in your market. See what works for them. What tactics are they using? How do they prepare their headlines? What type of home page design are they using to attract traffic? Is there little or no text on their home page?
I learned from my own personal experience that too much text draws traffic away. For me that was a problem because when I write I like to input a lot of detail, so people understand what they are reading and they can have a clear picture of the concept.
However, when I was creating my businesses all this detail on my web site was scaring people away, so I did my research, observed how the top businesses in my market. Looked at how they were advertising their products and tried to use similar tactics. You always have to make sure that the material you are providing on your site is useful and related to your business. My advice: brief, blunt, and to the point.
Things to remember:
- Make sure your domain name relates to the products you are selling. For example if you are, selling greeting cards use a name like www.greetingcardsRus.com
- You need to make sure that you have many links on your site. However, do not put any links for the hell of it. Make sure that they are related to your business and not offensive to anyone. Also, get those sites to link you. Email them and tell them that you would like to swap links.
- Submit your sites to all the top sites like google, yahoo MSN, AOL Search, and AskJeeves. Use a program like traffic blazer will help you promote and optimize your site and it does not cost much. It takes you through the optimization process systematically. They are many programs that do the same. Do not get ripped off by companies that tried to sell you these programs for mega amounts of money. I only paid 29.95 and it works like a charm!
- If you are redesigning or starting from scratch and you have to use a brand-new domain for some reason, you can expect to wait a good 9-12 months before your site will show up in Google for any keyword phrases that are important to you.
- An important factor is that you need to make you business design stand out so that the site is effective. Make unique, realistic and related to your product.
- Make sure the information on your website will attract people to website and make them want to come back. Ask yourself the question: Why should anyone come to my website? If you cannot find a good answer, then start building content.
- Long pages can slow down the loading of your page and many searches Engines will not index all the way down your pages. You want search
Engines to read all the good stuff on your pages, so you can rank well for
- Make sure you have important Information that matters for Your Website. You need to provide your visitors with the information they need to complete the sale. If they cannot find what they are looking for, they will likely just move on to the next site. Although keen customers may email you for more information, most will not take the time. If you do not have the essential information on your website, they are just going move on.
- Make sure your website contains contact Information: People want to know how to contact you if they need. Provide an email address, not just an information request form. Many people will not take the time to fill out a form.
- If you are shipping products, please let people know the expected costs and indicate which countries you will ship too. If you cannot provide shipping costs to each country, include a note about how people can find out how much shipping costs to their country. You should also let people know how long it will generally take to receive their items.
- People want to know what you are going to do with their personal information once they give it to you. If you share information with anybody else regarding your customers – tell them so.
- Have a returns policy and post it clearly on your website. How long do people have to return items? Who is responsible for shipping on returns? Does this vary depending on whether it was your error or the customer’s error? Do you offer refunds or exchanges? Who pays for the extra shipping on returns?
13. Make sure you have plenty of reviews on your website. I put plenty of reviews on my site. This shows customers who have received results from your product. This helps people feel safe and they are more likely to purchase your product.
14. You have probably heard this repeatedly but it is worth repeating – people have to see you your message about 7 times before they buy. The biggest mistake you can make is to try to sell your product on the first contact alone.
15. It is no secret that successful businesses make up to 80% of their sales from previous customers. Why? Because people who have bought from you before are much more likely to buy from you again (they know you, they trust you, they were happy with your product).
16. Begin a Business Blog. Want links to your site? Begin a business blog on your website. If you offer excellent content and regular industry comment, people are likely to link to it, increasing your site’s Page Rank.
17. Using e-mail to keep your existing customers. Once you get some online visitors, you will want to build a relationship with them. The way you do this is by asking for their e-mail address and permission to send them a monthly e-mail newsletter. Even in this day of spam overload, people do want information via e-mail — so long as they trust you not to spam them, that is, send them e-mails without their permission. Now Remember the traffic id the most important without the traffic you won’t earn the big bucks, so focus on the traffic then the worry about selling the product. No traffic (people) no money!
Secret Tips about Our Internet:
The search engines are looking for pages that best fit the keyword phrase someone types into their little search box. If those “someone’s” are typing in search words that relate to what your site offers, then they are most likely members of your target audience. You need to optimize your site to meet *their* needs. If you do not know who your target audience is, then you need to find out one way or another. Look for studies online that might provide demographic information, and visit other sites, communities, or forums where your target audience might hang out and listen to what they discuss. This information will be crucial to your resulting website design, keyword research, and copywriting.
The phrases you think your target market might be searching for may very well be incorrect. To find the optimal phrases to optimize for, use research tools such as Keyword Discovery, Word tracker, Google AdWords, and Yahoo Search Marketing data. Compile lists of the most relevant phrases for your site, and choose a few different ones for every page. Never shoot for general keywords such as “travel” or “vacation,” as they are rarely (if ever) indicative of what your site is really about.
Your research may uncover undiscovered areas of interest or ways of categorizing your products/services that you may wish to add to your site. For instance, let us say your site sells toys. There are numerous ways you could categorize and lay out your site so that people will find the toys they are looking for. Are people looking for toys to fit their child’s stage of development? On the other hand, are they more likely to be seeking specific brands of toys? Most likely, your keyword research will show you that people are looking for toys in many different ways. Your job is to make sure that your site’s navigation displays the various ways of searching. Make sure you have links to specific-brand pages as well as specific age ranges, specific types of toys, etc.
Submit Your Site to Key Directories, since a link from a directory will help your ranking — and get you traffic. Be sure to list your site in the free Open Directory Project (www.dmoz.com), overseen by human editors. This hierarchical directory provides content feeds to all the major search engines. In addition, it provides a link to your site from an information hub that Google deems important. Yahoo! Directory is another important directory to be listed in, though their search results recently have not been featuring their own directory as prominently.
Submit Your Site to Industry Sites and Specialized Directories. You may find some directories focused on particular industries that relate to your business.